This page sets out the terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) for using the dealkitty.co.uk website (the “Website”), run by Deal Kitty. Please be aware that by joining the Website and participating in the community you agree to abide by the Agreement.
In order to cover the costs of running the Website we have relationships with various retailers. These retailers may pay us a commission for the sales we generate. We allow members of the Website to share any acceptable content, regardless of whether or not we earn a commission.
Kitty Deals is not the seller or supplier of, and does not endorse, any of the goods or services that are featured on the Website. We therefore do not have any of the legal obligations that apply to the sellers of those goods or services.
This means that we have no control over or responsibility for:
- the quality, safety, or legality of the goods or services available from retailers; or
- whether the retailer can or will supply and pass good title to any goods or services.
Everyone using the Website should exercise no lesser degree of caution in entering into transactions with retailers than they would when entering into a similar transaction elsewhere.
We aim to provide accurate information (whether it be a deal, competition, freebie, voucher or something else) but often our content is user generated, crowd-sourced and/or sometimes based on speculation or limited details. We do not claim to always accurately represent the intentions or specifics of an offer from a third party, nor do we claim any association with third parties. Whilst we may attempt to verify an offer with a third party directly, you should assume that the offers on Deal Kitty haven’t been verified. When you visit a third party from Deal Kitty you should not rely on the content provided by Deal Kitty. Instead please read and rely on the information provided by the third-party directly. One of the reasons behind this section of the terms and conditions is that we do not want our visitors and members to feel discontent towards a third party due to something misleading on Deal Kitty. Please always check, and then double check, with the terms and details of any offer or promotion with the third party directly.
As it is our community that drives the Website forward we want to do our best to reward people for being active members. To do this, we’ve created a system where people can earn rewards – points – for the content they share on the Website.
We want to make it very clear that the rewards system is dynamic and may well change over time. To this end, we want everyone to clearly understand the following:
The rewards are subject to change. We don’t guarantee any specific reward and we may add or remove a reward at any time. The threshold to obtain rewards may also change.
Hopefully it would never come to this but we reserve the right to suspend or terminate any member’s account (including the removal of any points) if, in our reasonable view, the member appears to be in breach of any provision of this Agreement.
It is each member’s responsibility to ensure that:
- they only hold one account on the Website;
- the content they share is not:
- defamatory, offensive, or abusive or of an obscene, indecent or menacing nature;
- is not intended or likely to cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- does not contain any computer virus, macro virus, Trojan horse, worm, or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt, or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority, or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- does not contravene any applicable law or regulation (including, but not limited to, laws governing consumer protection, distance selling, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, false advertising, copyright, trademark and privacy);
- does not breach the rights of any person or entity (including any rights or expectations of privacy); and
- they do not share content from any company, good or service that they are affiliated with or have an interest in.
Joining as a member
To join Deal Kitty as a member you must be at least 18 years of age.
Sharing content with us
In effort to make Deal Kitty a helpful, friendly place we ask that all content shared on the Website is in line with our guidelines.
Please be aware that when you share your content with us (for example, a deal’s description or a photograph of a product you have taken) you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want. This may include sharing it on our social media or providing your content to other media outlets (e.g. newspapers and online publications) for their own publication. These rights are granted to us for as long as we require them – even if you stop using our site.
Reporting an infringement of your copyright
Deal Kitty is a platform for user generated content. If you believe content has been uploaded to our platform that infringes your copyright please contact us so that we can investigate. Please note that only the copyright owner or their authorised representative may file a report of copyright infringement.
Changes to the Agreement
Please be aware that the Agreement may change from time to time and that, if it does, we’ll update it on the Website.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
The Website is run by Deal Kitty and our registered office address is Caja Designs, Abbotsbury Drive, Daventry, NN11 2LB